Patchogue Post Office was built 1930 to the designs by architect John Vredenburgh Van Pelt of Van Pelt, Hardy & Goubert, and combines Art Deco & Classical Revival architecture. The building contains wrought-iron window guards in the front and on the sides, and a matching analogue clock over the front doors. The rest of the building is made primarily of brick. Long Island-based stamp collectors have often considered the Patchogue Post Office to be one of several sources for stamps with obscure denominations.
The building was added to the National Register of Historic Places on May 11, 1989.
Vintage postcard of the newly built Patchogue Post Office.
Entrance of post Office as it looks today.